This week the Ross County Fair is coming to an end. In Ross County this also means schools will be soon ending their summer break. We have a list of 10 places you don’t want to miss before summer is over!
- Tour Adena Mansion & Gardens, the land and gardens are beautiful in the Summer.
- Go on an antiquing adventure! Ross County and Downtown Chillicothe have so many great antique shops. Find that perfect treasure! For a brochure with a full list of locations stop by the CVB office.
- Stop by the Chillicothe Railroad Museum to learn about the old B&O Cabooses that sit at the top of Yoctangee Park, and then have a picnic in the park.
- Spend a Saturday morning at the Chillicothe Farmer’s Market!
- Visit the Ross County Heritage Center (they have a great offer for “Pokémon Trainers”) they are even a gym and have two pokestops!
- Walk the mounds at Hopewell Culture National Historical park, and don’t forget to stop by their awesome gift shop.
- Learn about the great history in downtown Chillicothe by going on a walking tour using our new ap on your smart phone by downloading iTour mobile!
- Spend the afternoon viewing the beautiful exhibits at the Pump House Center for the Arts.
- Go for a hike at one or all five of Ross County’s State Parks!
- Witness the epic life story of Shawnee Leader, Tecumseh at the amazing Tecumseh! Outdoor Drama. The show will run until September 3rd this summer.
We hope you get to enjoy these great places here in Ross County as summer is coming to an end. It will soon be time for all of the Fall fun to begin! For more information on what is happening here in Chillicothe-Ross County visit our “What to do” tab or our events calendar.